Need help? Call (888) 688-7527
Things to do in September in Myrtle Beach
As the summer season begins to wind down, Myrtle Beach continues to offer a wide array of exciting events and activities for residents and visitors to enjoy throughout the month of September. Whether you’re a fan of classic cars, arts and crafts, music festivals, or charitable runs, Myrtle Beach has something for everyone this September. Let’s take a closer look at some of the top events happening in the area.
1. Myrtle Beach Mustang Week
- Where: Myrtle Beach Mall and various other locations
- When: Monday, September 4th to Saturday, September 9th
Calling all car enthusiasts! The 22nd annual Myrtle Beach Mustang Week is set to kick off this September. This week-long celebration of classic muscle cars features cruise-ins, contests, and events at various locations along the Grand Strand. If you’re a fan of these iconic automobiles, this event is a must-see.
2. Fall Art in Common Arts & Crafts Show
- Where: Valor Park, Market Common
- When: Saturday, September 9th and Sunday, September 10th
Head to Valor Park at the Market Common for a weekend filled with art and creativity. Local and regional artists will showcase their work, including photography, pottery, woodcrafts, and glass crafts. This pet-friendly event is perfect for art lovers, and admission is free. While you’re there, explore the Market Common’s boutique shops, restaurants, and charming community setting.
3. Society of Stranders (SOS) Fall Migration
- Where: Main Street, North Myrtle Beach
- When: Thursday, September 14th – Sunday, September 24th
Shag enthusiasts, get ready to dance the night away! The SOS Fall Migration is an 11-day celebration of the Carolina shag dance. Main Street in North Myrtle Beach will come alive with nightly entertainment, shag classes, special parties, and more. This event is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the vibrant dance culture of the area.
4. 11th Annual Home Improvement and Outdoor Living Show
- Where: Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 North Oak Street, Myrtle Beach
- When: Friday, September 15th – Sunday, September 17th, 2023
Whether you’re a homeowner or just looking for some inspiration, the Home Improvement and Outdoor Living Show has you covered. This expo features industry professionals offering insights on indoor and outdoor home improvement needs. You can attend seminars, workshops, and culinary demos, and even find local artists and adoptable pets. Admission is affordable, with free entry for children under 16.
5. SeptemberFest! At Barefoot Landing
- Where: Barefoot Landing, 4898 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023
Get ready for a day of family fun at Barefoot Landing. This event includes live music, kids’ activities, and a special appearance by the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach. If you’re a wine enthusiast, don’t miss the Duplin Grape Stomp, where tickets include a bottle of wine, a wine tumbler, and a special gift. It’s a fantastic way to unwind and enjoy the beauty of Barefoot Landing.
6. 43rd Annual Aynor Harvest Hoe-Down
- Where: Aynor Town Park, Aynor, SC
- When: Saturday, September 16th at 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Celebrate the arrival of fall at the Aynor Harvest Hoe-Down Festival. This long-standing tradition offers live music, entertainment, arts and crafts vendors, food stalls, and a grand parade. Best of all, it’s free to attend, making it an excellent family-friendly event.
7. 48th Atalaya Arts & Crafts Festival
- Where: Huntington Beach State Park
- When: Friday, September 22nd through Sunday, September 24th
For lovers of art and craft, the Atalaya Arts & Crafts Festival is a must-visit. Located at Huntington Beach State Park near Murrells Inlet, this festival features fine art, quality crafts, food, and live music. With nearly 100 talented artists on display, you’re sure to find something that captures your imagination. Admission allows for readmission throughout the weekend and is free for visitors 15 years and younger.
8. Beach ‘n Chili Fest and World Championship Chili Cook-off
- Where: Burroughs and Chapin Pavilion Place, 812 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach
- When: Friday, September 29th – Sunday, October 1st
Prepare your taste buds for the Beach ‘n Chili Fest and World Championship Chili Cook-off. This mouthwatering festival boasts over 500 flavors of chili for you to savor, along with live music, beer gardens, food trucks, craft and retail vendors, and even a kid’s zone. The best part? Admission is free! You can purchase tasting tickets and VIP lounge tickets to enhance your chili experience.
9. The 19th Annual Irish Italian International Festival
- Where: Main Street, North Myrtle Beach
- When: Saturday, September 30th, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Experience a unique blend of cultures at the Irish-Italian International Festival on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach. This annual event celebrates all things Irish and Italian with arts and craft vendors, festival foods, street performers, live entertainment on two stages, a children’s area, and even a friendly spaghetti-eating competition. It’s a day of cultural immersion and fun for the whole family.
10. The Pink Ribbon Run
- Where: North Myrtle Beach
- When: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Support a meaningful cause and get active at The Pink Ribbon Run in North Myrtle Beach. This event offers various race options, including a 10K, 5K, and a 1 Mile, as well as the opportunity to run all three races for an additional challenge medal. The proceeds from this event go towards breast cancer non-profits, making it a great way to contribute to a worthy cause. With different race options and fundraising choices, there’s a way for everyone to participate.
September in Myrtle Beach offers a diverse range of events and activities for people of all interests and ages. Whether you’re into classic cars, art, music, food, or charity runs, you’ll find something exciting to do in the area. So, mark your calendars and make the most of this September in Myrtle Beach!