Affordable Large Properties LLC (ALP) Rental agreement and rules. By agreeing this document you agree that you have read the rules and are in agreement with all policies and procedures as outlined. If you are under 25 years old you may not accept this rental agreement or book online.
1. Check In and Check out: CHECK-IN TIME ON THE DATE OF ARRIVAL IS 4:00 PM EST. CHECK-OUT TIME ON THE DATE OF DEPARTURE IS 10:00 AM EST. If late check out is not prearranged, you will be charged ½ of the daily rate to credit card on file. ALP DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT GUESTS WILL BE PERMITTED TO CHECK IN TO THE UNIT AT 4:00 PM. THERE MAY BE TIMES WHEN CHECK-IN IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL A LATER TIME. Early check-in will be facilitated if possible. However, early check-in is not available during the months of June, July, and August.
2. Late Arrivals: Late arrival and check-in is facilitated via a key code. The key-less entry system allows Guest to arrive any time after 4:00 pm on the date of arrival without having to notify the Office.
3. Non-Smoking Policy: This is a non-smoking unit. If it is determined that Guest has permitted smoking inside the Unit, Guest credit card will be charged an additional $500 fee to cover the costs of cleaning and the costs associated removing the smoke odor from the furnishing and linens
4. Rental Expectations: Guest hereby agrees that during the Term it will:
5. Pets: Pets are not permitted in the Unit under any conditions. No exceptions. If you are found to have a pet on the premises, you will be asked to leave and forfeit any monies or deposits.
6. Minimum Age: ALP does not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age without an adult parent or guardian present, unless pre-approved in writing by management. ALP does not tolerate underage consumption or possession of alcohol. Consumption and/or possession of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 in the Unit is a violation of this Agreement. If underage possession and/or consumption is discovered at the Unit, Guest will be required to leave immediately without refund. ALP
does not allow persons not listed on the Agreement to be on or in the Unit. If ALP determines that persons not listed on the Agreement are occupying the Unit, this constitutes grounds for immediate eviction. NO HOUSE PARTIES. In the event that you are evicted from the property you will forfeit all monies to include any security deposits. You will get NO refund if evicted.
7. Furniture: Guest is not permitted to re-arrange the furniture or take items outside the Unit. All special bedding requests must be made by filling out our bedding request form via email. If requests are received later than 10 days before arrival, Guest will be charged a fee of $ 35 dollars per bed to accommodate such requests. All units advertised with “swing kings” are by default set up as two twin beds unless otherwise requested in writing no later than 10 days prior to arrival. Please note that if you do not make requests 10 days prior to arrival, your request may not be available.
8. Reservation Damage Waiver (RDW): Included with your initial payment is a nonrefundable fee of $35.00 for Reservation Damage Waiver, to be applied toward the waiver of a traditional cash security deposit. This covers up to $1,000 of accidental damage that must be reported immediately. If not reported prior to departure it will not be deemed to be accidental. This is not insurance. Guest is responsible for any damage determined by ALP in its sole discretion to be “nonaccidental.” For any guests under the age of 25, an additional deposit amount will be determined on a case by case basis. This additional deposit must be received with the final payment. Guest will not be required to pay for unintentional or accidental damage to the Unit that occurs during the Term, up to an aggregate limit of $1,000.00, provided Signed From the fact that any accidents are reported immediately and/or before the
Departure Date. Any intentional damages and/or damages over $1,000.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. By signing this Agreement, Guest authorizes ALP to charge the credit card(s) provided to ALP for the amount of damages incurred. If Guest prefers to opt-out of the Security Deposit Protection Plan, please contact ALP prior to the Arrival Date regarding an additional cash deposit. This option will be made available on a case by case basis solely at the discretion of ALP.
9. Upon Arrival: On the Arrival Date, Guest must immediately notify ALP of any missing or inoperative furniture or equipment. Occupancy by Guest shall be conclusive evidence that the Unit is in satisfactory condition.
10. Check-Out Procedures: Guest must check-out no later than 10:00 AM on the Departure Date. Guest will automatically be charged an additional fee of ½ daily rent if guest hasn’t made prior arrangements otherwise. Prior to leaving the Unit:
If the Unit is not in its original condition or is left excessively dirty, Guest will be charged a fee of a minimum of $150 for additional cleaning time. The final fee is based on condition of the property. This additional fee will be charged solely in the discretion of ALP and is non-refundable. No refunds will be given for early departure.
11. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests the Unit will accommodate is stated on the ALP Website, and occupancy is limited to this number. Under no circumstances will house parties be allowed. Occupancy by more than the advertised maximum occupancy constitutes a violation of this Agreement and Guest may be asked to vacate the premises immediately without refund.
12. Substitutions: ALP reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations without notice or liability, should it become necessary. Comparable accommodations, and the need to substitute such accommodations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of ALP. If comparable accommodations are not available, Guest has the option of selecting from other available properties at prices shown or cancelling the reservation and receiving a refund of the Initial Deposit and Final Balance less the Damage
13. Cleaning Deposit: Rates include a one-time linen/towel setup fee and housekeeping upon departure. A washer/dryer is provided in the Unit. Please inspect the Unit thoroughly upon arrival. If Guest finds anything unsatisfactory with the Unit, please report immediately upon arrival. ALP does its best to inspect the Unit after each renter, but it is possible to overlook some items. ALP will assume the Unit is satisfactory and acceptable if Guest does not communicate issues with the Unit within 8 hours of arrival.
14. Linens: Units are equipped with bed linens and bath towels. Maid service is not included in the rental rate, however can be purchased at an additional charge by contacting ALP. Guest must bring blankets and towels for use on the beach/pool. ALP does not permit provided towels, linens, blankets, or bedspreads to be taken from the Unit for use at the beach or pool. A small starter supply of paper products are provided in the Unit. Guest is responsible for additional supplies (soap, shampoo, laundry
detergent, etc.). Additional details and suggestions about what to bring are provided on ALP’s website. Guests are responsible for Linen damages and loss. If ALP finds that linens were misused or are missing, we will charge your card on file to replace.
15. Rate Changes: All rates are subject to change without notice. Guest’s rate is confirmed when the booking is made. Confirmed rates with a signed rental agreement AND a confirmed payment will not be changed. ERRORS AND OMISSIONS – ALP is not responsible for errors within the printed brochure, on the website or those conveyed by any employee, including but not limited to, property descriptions and rental rates. ALP is furthermore not responsible for any errors in rates made by computer malfunction or
reservation software issues/failures.
16. Falsified Reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of the Initial Deposit and ANY monies paid. Guest will not be permitted to check-in or occupancy may be terminated. If Guest arrives at the Unit and the party is under the age of 25, Guest will be unable to occupy the Unit and forfeit all monies paid.
17. Written Exceptions: Any exceptions to the policies stated herein must be approved by ALP in writing in advance.
18. Parking: Parking is limited. Please follow all parking rules. ALP is not responsible for parking tickets or towed vehicles. NO RV’s, Boats, Trailers, or Motorcycles are allowed on any properties.
19. Travel Insurance- Please see website for more information. We strongly suggest that you purchase travel Insurance. See Hurricane Policy below.
20. Hurricane or Storm Policy: No refunds will be given for evacuations or storms unless you purchased travel insurance. MANDATORY EVACUATION: If state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of the area where the premises are located, no refund of any monies paid will be made to Tenant, nor will a stay be allowed at a later date, due to a hurricane evacuation or other natural catastrophe, or the unavailability of Travel Protection Insurance due to the current existence of named storm at the time a reservation is made. Affordable Large Properties, LLC. is pleased to offer Rental Guardian Travel Protection Insurance to protect your vacation investment in case of an emergency. Also, no refund will be made for the period of time the area may be closed following an evacuation due hurricane or other natural disaster. Affordable Large Properties LLC., strongly recommends Travel Insurance.
21. Equipment and Repair: ALP cannot and does not guarantee air conditioning or appliances located in the Unit. There will be no refund upon their failure. ALP will do its best to have any malfunction or problem repaired as quickly as possible. Guest agrees to allow maintenance personnel to enter the Unit during normal working hours (8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST) for the purpose of conducting necessary repairs and/or maintenance. ALP does not guarantee that the pools or hot tubs will be in working condition. Please be aware that glass is not allowed in pool areas. If a guest is found to have glass at the pool, you can be evicted from the property. Guests are responsible for any damages done to common areas, including pools/hot tubs.
CABLE/INTERNET – Most properties offer cable television, and many offer some form of internet access. Internet access can be in the form of a hard connection to a modem or wireless access via a router. These services are offered by the local cable provider, and therefore, places the function beyond the control of either the Property Owner or ALP. No refunds will be offered for any interruption to these services or for any lack of promptness in response time to any interruption in service.
REFRIGERATORS Many refrigerators are left open during cleaning. It can take as long as twelve (12) hours before your food will cool and the refrigerator returns to a medium temperature. If you fill it with warm groceries and continually open the refrigerator door, it will take much longer than 12 hours. Please check your refrigerator upon arrival – it should be set at a medium temperature. If the refrigerator is turned to a high setting, the humidity will cause the coils to freeze up, which prevents cool air from reaching the refrigerator compartment while the freezer remains cold. If this should happen, please set the unit to a medium setting and allow time to defrost and stabilize.
22. Noise Ordinance: This Unit is under a strict noise ordinance that will be enforced by local law enforcement. Please respect your neighbors and facilitate a family environment. ALP reserves the right to refuse rental or discontinue occupancy if in the opinion of ALP, the occupancy is detrimental to the Unit or surrounding neighborhood.
23. Securing the Property: It is Guest’s responsibility to lock and secure all doors and windows during the stay. If Guest finds a door or window that cannot be secured, Guest must notify ALP immediately. ALP is not responsible for any personal property of Guest that is lost or stolen. If you do not secure the property, you are responsible for any damages or theft.
24. No Subletting: Guest may not sublet or assign this Agreement for all or any part of the Unit without prior written consent of ALP.
25. Indemnity Clause: ALP and any other owner(s) of the Unit shall not be liable for damage or injury to Guest or to any other person or any property, occurring on the premises or any part thereof, or in common areas thereof. Guest hereby agrees to indemnify and hold ALP and any other owner(s) of the Unit harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to Guest’s use of the Unit or the items of personal property provided therein, or any common
areas of the property. ALP and any other owner(s) will not be responsible for acts of theft, vandalism or other damage to Guest’s personal property.
26. Governing Law/Venue/Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina. Any and all disputes between ALP and Guest regarding this Agreement shall be adjudicated by a state or federal court sitting in Horry County, South Carolina, such state and federal court being the exclusive venue and having exclusive jurisdiction.
27. Payment: All rates are cash rates and funds are in US Dollars. An advance payment equal to a) 25% of the rental rate plus b) the Damage Deposit is due at the time of reservation (the “Initial Deposit”). The Initial Deposit will be applied toward the total rental amount. Payments can be made in the form of a credit card, bank money order, cashier’s check or personal check, or E-check. A fee of $75 will be charged if a personal check is returned for insufficient funds. The balance of the total rental amount, including any additional deposits required to be paid hereunder (the “Final Balance”) is due Sixty (60) days prior to
the Date of Arrival. In the event that final balance is not paid 60 days prior to arrival, ALP reserves the right to cancel reservation.
28. Cancellation and Refund Policy: Cancellation and Refund Policy: A sixty (60) day written email notice sent to email@example.com is required for all cancellations. We do not accept verbal cancellations. The request must be in writing. ALL cancellations will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee. If the written cancellation request is received more than thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled arrival date AND ALP is able to re-rent the Unit for the same amount of money, all monies paid will be returned EXCEPT (LESS) the $150 dollar cancellation fee, Security Waiver, and the booking fee. Once you cancel your reservation the property will be available for rentals. ALP reserves the right to discount the nightly rate to re-rent the property. If the property is re-rented for a lesser rate all monies will be returned EXCEPT (LESS) the $150 dollar cancellation fee, Security Waiver, booking fee, and difference in rental price. Cancellation requests or changes to a reservation made within 30 days of scheduled arrival will forfeit all monies paid. ALP strongly suggests purchasing travel insurance.